In Elder Law News

If your sister is named as guardian, she will have the power to make decisions regarding your parents. You can have a voice by petitioning for joint guardianship or coming to an agreement with your sister about how decisions will be made. She can agree to include you even if you do not have the formal appointment as guardian or co-guardian.

Learn more about the ins and outs of guardianship in this article.

Harry S. Margolis practices elder law, estate, and special needs planning in Boston and Wellesley, Massachusetts. He is the founder of and answers consumer questions about estate planning issues here and at

Contact Us

Send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Start typing and press Enter to search