In Elder Law News

The question is whether your father is legally competent. If he is, all has to do is sign a new durable power of attorney document. If he’s not, unfortunately, your sister will have to go to court to be appointed his conservator (or guardian, depending on the state). Only people who have legal capacity can sign documents such as wills, trusts, and durable powers of attorney.

Contact Us

Send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Start typing and press Enter to search